Monday, November 23, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

My favorite holiday! I love to host Thanksgiving. It's an excuse to cook all day. Other people even pitch in to watch the children and wash dishes. How fantastic!

Here's a lineup of the recipes I'll be making this year.

Alton Brown's Roast Turkey, simply the best. Not sure I'll ever make a turkey any other way.

Alton Brown's Green Bean Casserole which has no canned soup. All from scratch!

Sweet Dinner Rolls, a recipe that started from something in some cookbook I've forgotten. It's changed over time. I've tweaked it over the years and finally settled on this version. We love these, but only make them for special occasions. This is no healthy bread!

Pumpkin Cheesecake because pumpkin pie tastes boring after you've had this.

Apple Pie with a streusel topping.

Some things don't really have a recipe (mashed potatoes) and other things are being made by other family members. I try to delegate a few dishes.

Happy Thanksgiving! Don't forget to be thankful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment